Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Vegan quiche



I have been lax in taking photos of my food lately - I really need to step it up.  These are quick shots taken with my BlackBerry and they're better than nothing, but I should put more effort into making my photos look as great as the food tastes.  Stay tuned for some improvements in that area!

This quiche is hearty and delicious.  I found the recipe on vegweb (amazing source of many, many vegan recipes), and made both variations - broccoli quiche and spinach quiche.  I made the broccoli quiche first, following the recipe exactly except that I omitted the vegan parmesan cheese.  A few days later I made the spinach version; I again omitted the vegan parmesan cheese, and I added chopped artichoke hearts, more garlic, and more herbs and spices.  It's tofu-based, so it can absorb quite a bit of flavor - I recommend increasing all of the seasonings by about half.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment