Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Muesli


I had been buying muesli in 18-ounce bags that aren't very good for reusing, and all that waste was driving me nuts.  Now I buy all of the ingredients in bulk and mix it up myself, at a much lower cost than buying it already mixed and without wasteful packaging.  It's endlessly customizable, with different grains, nuts, seeds, and dried fruits.  This is the mixture I like.

Combine, and store in an airtight container:
  • 3 cups medium or thick rolled oats
  • 3 cups rolled barley flakes
  • 1 cup slivered or chopped almonds
  • 1/2 cup dried raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped dates (I get the ones that are rolled in flour)
  • 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup ground flaxseeds

Lots of healthy fiber!  Serve with nondairy milk of your choice.  I love it with my homemade soymilk

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment