Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Recipe contest!


I'm so excited about this.  Better Homes & Gardens is hosting a "Mad For Plaid" recipe contest; entrants are to take a recipe from any of the 15 editions of the BH&G cookbook and put their "own spin" on it.  Of course I immediately saw this as an opportunity to veganize a new recipe, and possibly win a thousand bucks!

I think I might start with BH&G's Fresh Rosemary & Lemon Cupcakes recipe (pictured above).  I'll veganize them, then make one batch with the original lemon glaze and another batch with some decadent creamy frosting.  I just bought a rosemary plant over the weekend, so I'll have really fresh rosemary to use.  I'll make them on Friday, then take them to a dinner at a friend's house and put everyone to work tasting and critiquing them. 

Then I'll post photos on the website, and visitors to the website will get a chance to vote on it!  (HINT!)

Very excited.

2 comments: